About Make an Impact
Climate change is arguably the most critical sustainability issue of our time. Its effects are being felt around the corner and around the world. To make a real difference we all need to take action - on all fronts and at all levels, individually and together.
In response, Alcoa and the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions have formed a unique partnership that is the Make an Impact program - harnessing their own resources to develop the tools enabling others to act, in their homes and in their communities.
As a business, Alcoa has taken a global leadership position on addressing climate change inside our operations, across our industry and within our communities.
And the product we make is playing a key role – as a light, endlessly recyclable metal, aluminum is decreasing fossil fuel consumption across the transport industry and reducing energy consumption in primary metal production.
The environmental achievements we have made in our own business have been made possible through energy efficiency, productivity improvements, technological innovation and successful partnerships.
But most importantly, they have been made possible by the commitment, dedication and skill of our 59,000 employees around the world.
And their commitment to a sustainable future has the potential to build capacity.
We believe that by working together, real outcomes on climate change can be achieved.
By providing our employees and local communities the tools and knowledge to manage their individual environmental impact in their corner of the world, we support them in being part of the solution to global climate change.
Make an Impact features:
- This dynamic website with tips, tools and resources on how to reduce energy bills and live more sustainably;
- A best-in-class, custom-built carbon calculator featuring best practice individual carbon ‘footprint’ analysis and personalized action planning;
- A comprehensive outreach program of educational workshops and hands-on activities to support local action and encourage sustainable change.
Individually we can make a difference, but together we can Make an Impact.
Learn more about how Alcoan families are making an impact across the country!
- In 3 Words – Alcoans from across the US have shared family photos and 3-word messages to show what steps they’re already taking to reduce their carbon footprint at home
- Impact Tracker – Check out this page to see where the Make an Impact program has launched and to track Alcoan progress toward our 6 million lb goal of reducing carbon emissions – we’re already up to over 2 million in savings!