Schools' Challenge - Teachers
Your role in teaching the next generation about the value of energy efficiency and protecting the environment is key to the future of the planet. The Schools’ Challenge is an opportunity to incorporate this topic into your classroom and extracurricular activities.
CO2 Lessons and Activities: Teacher Guides (pdf)
Efficiency Web Resources
National Energy Education Development Project (NEED)
U.S. Department of Energy (Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy)
- Energy Education & Workforce Development — features links to energy-related educational and training resources.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- NREL Education Programs — offers teacher and student programs and competitions as well as curriculum, activities, and project ideas.
- Learning about Renewable Energy — provides basic information about energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Energy Information Administration (EIA)
- Energy Kids for Teachers — offers background information and activities for teachers to use with students of all ages.
- Energy Education Resources for Teachers and Parents — links to various energy and environmental education materials and resources for parents and teachers.
- Energy and Science Lesson Plans — lists a sampling of energy and science education resources available online.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Teacher Resources and Lesson Plans — provides an array of environmental and science based lesson plans, activities and ideas.
- Science360 Earth & Environment — immerses visitors in the latest wonders of science, engineering, technology and math. Find the latest science videos provided by scientists, colleges and universities, science and engineering centers, and more.